Saturday, January 8, 2011

Tough Places

This has been a tough place, to say the very least.  We are only partially unemployed now, but still lack the ministry and the true community we so desire.  This has been a place of desert and barrenness for us, which is such an irony in a place where growth, fruit, and water abound.  I suppose these are all merely physical things.  And the dryness, the barrenness, is of every other dimension... but still such an irony.  With family so far, friends so few, opportunities lacking, and ministry unfound, I suppose you can see why this for us is one tough place.


Today some lifelong Kelownans, and others that had moved here in the past several years for school, reassured me, "Oh, and Kelowna's a VERY cliquey place anyways."  So it's hard for us to meet anyone, and then you tell me it's just full of cliques (like we hadn't noticed... but now I guess we are supposed to believe).  So why are we here?  God?  We are searching for answers.  And praying for something far greater then we could EVER ask or imagine.  Please Father, we are seeking for answers.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Amy. I've been praying for you guys these last few days! One passage that's come up again and again lately for me is Psalm 27:13-14 (NASB) "I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and let your heart take courage; yes, wait for the Lord."

    Keep praying, keep seeking - you WILL see his goodness. Don't let your heart despair! In reading Deut. 29 the other day I thought of you: "I have led you forty years in the wilderness; your clothes have not worn out on you, and your sandal has not worn out on your foot" (v. 5). Even if it seems like you're going through a desert, God is there providing and leading. Mogi and I have been challenged lately too. Verse 29 says "The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us..." We keep trusting for what we don't know yet, and are told simply to live in obedience to what has been revealed.

    We love you friends and are praying for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy I was just reading a note last night on what Henri Nouwen wrote on waiting. He states "that waiting is never a moment from nothing to something but a moment from something to something more." Stay encouraged. Stay patient as you wait for God as he is preparing the next step for you. Lean into the everlasting loving arms of God my friends.Love you dearly.
    S.

    ReplyDelete