Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Untitled: Where We're At

Thank you dear friends for your prayers and many words of encouragement.  Though we are far, we certainly feel and know your support, and we are very thankful.  What an interesting journey we're on.  Never have I left a meeting with a Pastor feeling so discouraged, and so un-needed for any role within the church, or what is happening there.  The journey as of recent goes like this...


Yesterday I read the story of the paralyzed man.  You know it... the man was paralyzed, Jesus was teaching, the place was crowded, so his friends took him through the roof so he could meet with Jesus and be healed.  Instantly after beginning the read I thought, "That's me.  I am the paralyzed man.  Paralyzed with discouragement, paralyzed with lack of opportunities, paralyzed.  And in this time when I can't seem to think or act clearly, I need my friends to take me to Jesus in order to be healed."  I was struck at this paralysis, and struck at the thought of our family and friends bringing us before the Lord.


Then today I read the story of the fisherman.  Yet another familiar one... Jesus climbs in the fisherman's boat.  He's talking to a group of some seriously discouraged fishermen.  Just earlier they were out in the water, couldn't catch a darn thing, and yet He says to them, "Do it again."  And so, they trust him, and these seriously discouraged guys go out, put out their nets, and lo and behold end up with heaps of fish!  So I was encouraged, things may not have worked so far, but we just need to keep putting out our feelers, and trust that God will provide, and that doors and opportunities will open up.


So we go to meet with our pastor this afternoon, and I am feeling encouraged that we're at least trying, that we're putting our feelers out there, and that God has asked us to do this and He will provide.  However, apparently His timing and His ideas are different.  We left the meeting and never have I felt so much like I had no place in a church.  They tell us there's lots of opportunities to get involved, but really no needs.  I guess that's the case for a big church?  Let me tell you though, I didn't go to Bible school so I could be a Welcome Host once a month.  I want to be in Kingdom work.  I want to fully immersed in ministry, fully immersed in making a difference for the Father and living a radical life.


So, Lord, yet again, we wait.  We pray and we wait.  And we trust that You will indeed open doors and bring opportunities for us that are far beyond what we could ever ask or imagine.  Father, use us for YOU!  We are willing, and ready, and waiting.




In other notes... this is also where we're at.  
It's things like this that remind us God is still very much with us, and at work.
(The morning sunrise from our B&B balcony... isn't it beautiful?)

No comments:

Post a Comment