Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Here's the Real Stuff

After writing e-mails to dear friends and family tonight, I realized I can post about things I am learning, and avoid the vulnerable and honest truth... which I very much want to share and be real about.

The Father is doing a great work in me, to say the least.  I came kicking and screaming to Kelowna, and haven't stopped ever since.  I knew I needed to be here, and yet, my heart and my desires were very much not here... especially as things grew more and more discouraging.  The lack of community, ministry opportunities, and jobs were the primary things that disheartened me, and continued my rant of "God, WHAT?!!"  However, God, in all His patience and graciousness, has (and continues to) gently lead me to a place of peace and rest.  This move has been tough, to say the least, yet He is opening my eyes to His faithfulness, and His goodness.

Jobs... The job is going well (I am working 25ish hours as a Front Desk person at a Gym and Aquatic Center), though at this point, I certainly do not see myself staying there forever.  My desire is to be working with, encouraging, challenging, and equipping people in their faith, however at this time I can certainly see how He may be using me in this dark place.  I have yet to meet a co-worker or staff (out of 150 people) who may be a follower.  So to say the least, I certainly have the opportunity to be light in a dark place... and for that I am thankful.
As for Mark... still no job or word.  He has recently had another interview and 2nd "interview" for an After School Kid's program where he would be the leader planning and organizing all the games, crafts, and whatever else you do with kids for Kindergarten through Grade 4ish.  We should hear soon, but pray that the person who is most fit to lead and make a difference in those kids' lives, would be the one who gets the job.  Though it would certainly be nice for Mark to have something to put his heart and hands to. :)

Church... We still have yet to find a place where we can serve and connect.  We know there are options, and will continue to seek and to pray.  We pray that God will continue to open doors, and will lead us to a place where we can both use our gifts and abilities to encourage and build up the Body, and we trust He will do this.

Overall, (now) though this place and this time has been hard, we pray that the Father will indeed do a great work in us and then through us.  We are starting to see His work in transforming us (or maybe it's just me! Mark was fine all along!), and indeed I pray as a friend prayed for me, that I would be in His will and led by His Spirit...

Thank you for your many prayers, your support, your e-mails, and your love.  You are missed greatly!  Yet we are trusting the Father for great things in us and through us, wherever and whenever He may take us.  May the kicking and screaming cease, and His name be lifted high. :)

1 comment: