Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Things Mark learns and hears at work... :)

"Did you know stinky farts are rarely a sign you are sick?"  :-) (Out of the game Scabs and Guts)

A little girl from the daycare as the kids are talking about how everyone's mammals... "Nuh uh!  I'm a female!!  Mr. Mark's a mammal and I'M a female!!"


(4 year-old girl -who looks like a cabbage patch kid- says to another teacher) "My sister has underwear that go up her butt!!  And we’re not very happy about that!"

Little girl: "Mr. Mark, Mr. Mark!  So-and-so just threw the football at me and he hit me right in the nuts!!"

The last day of music week i had the kids do a "Music Talent Show". I asked the kids to sign up the day before the talent show so i could get an idea of what they would be doing. One girl announced that she was going to be playing her castanets (the two wood block things that you click together). I asked her if she would be playing a specific song and she responded without hesitation "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. " I really didn't want to crush her spirits so i let her try it. The next day she shows up with her castanets and when its her turn i announce that she will be playing twinkle twinkle on the castanets. She is excited to share her instrument and song with the kids and is grinning from ear to ear. clink clink clink clink clink clink clink... her grin quickly recedes to look of deep inner realization. "I think it would be better if i had a piano instead." :)

"Mr. Mark I can see your underwear!!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment