Sunday, July 3, 2011

Random and Sporadic Thoughts After Camping for 4 Days


*After no shower for 4 days my hair still looked almost completely fine.  Conclusion? I am meant to live outside.

*Mark slept WAAAY better tenting outside than he ever does at home.  Conclusion? He was meant to live outside.

*After 4 days of camping I feel more alive than I have in probably 8 or 9 or 10 months.  Realization?  I am a nature girl ((all you in Portland are saying “Duh, Amy!  Could have told you that! (After you ooed and awed about every sunset ever!))”  J It’s pretty darn clear that the last 8 months I’ve been depressed (to which at least my family is saying, “Duh, Amy!”). 

*I love being in community with incredible people, good conversation and lots of good laughter. 

*I don’t want to raise my kids right in the city… I think being outside a smaller city, a place where we can a good size back yard and place for kids to play and enjoy being outdoors.  A place that is a resting place and reminder to relax and enjoy God and His creation.  A place where I can rest and be reminded to slow down and enjoy life.

*I’m so thankful that I have twice been given the gift of true community so I know what community can look like and so I will not settle for anything less than awesome.

*I’m praying for jobs where Mark and I can truly use our gifts and make an impact for the Kingdom and in people’s lives… and where we can be more sure of our goals and calling… and someday be more ‘settled.’

2 comments:

  1. Duh, Amy!! No but seriously glad you're enjoying life! Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoying life for this weekend anyways :) We now only have Sundays off together, and supposedly Mark can't take any days off the entire summer. So that was the extent of our camping and vacation for the summer. BIG TIME BUMMER!!

    ReplyDelete