Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Crazy for Yoga!!

I have been convicted much about this recently...

Have you ever heard of hot yoga?  Because this incredible young woman I work with is TOTALLY in to it (which I hear it's quite addicting... so it makes sense).  :-)  She lives and eats and breathes this stuff.  She has taken 'extreme' measures to eat healthy, she can't help but talk about it, and the one that really blew me away, she switched work shifts just so she could attend another yoga class!  Wow!  Dedication, perseverence, incredible!  At the beginning of the year she took on a new challenge... the 365 day challenge... where you attend 365 hot yoga classes in one year!  Wowzers.

You can probably guess where I'm going with this :-)  I can't help but think, what if we as followers of Christ were that dedicated, that committed, that wholly consumed with being His follower?  So consumed that we would switch a work shift so we could spend time with Him, or serve Him.  So consumed that we would set a challenge to spend 365 days spending time with Him, reading Scripture...  Should we not be so engrossed?  So captivated by His love and grace and glory?  I can't help but think that we as individuals would be transformed.  And thus, the world see transformation.

So this question remains... what are you ABSOLUTELY CRAZY FOR???

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Amy!! This really is great inspiration and a reminder that no matter what habits we form, our #1 habit should always be spending time with our Savior! I need that reminder quite often. Xo, Katie

    ReplyDelete