Thursday, April 28, 2011

Fresh Lemons


Yesterday I was looking at lemons.  Particularly the one on our counter which had turned hard and crusty, and got some weird looking dots and bumps.  It drew my attention however, out of disappointment that I would no longer be able to make the originally planned lemon poppyseed bread or lemon bars.  I knew clearly that God was trying to speak to me about something.

As I went to chuck the lemon away, it was plain to me this lesson I was supposed to hear.  The longer you are not using your gifts, the longer you sit and let yourself not be used in ministry, the more crusty, hard, and dried out you become, until you reach a point of sheer grossness.

In this, the Father gave me Romans 12 which speaks clearly about each person using their gifts and being a part of the Body.  In all this transition and not knowing where I belong, I have become that lemon.  Hard and unusable.  But in soaking in the living water, I trust that He will renew my strength and open the doors for the ministry I so desire.

So in trust and excitement... may we be crusty lemons no longer!  May our gifts be used for Him! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment