Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Our God is Able


Last Thursday and Friday I spent at a Leadership Conference.  I was challenged, I was encouraged, I was inspired, I am reignited.  Spending two days listening to the God-stories, God-dreams that have been birthed because His people were faithful to listen and to act... I cannot help but be challenged.

One woman, a lawyer in her East Indian home.  She grew up claiming she would never follow the God her parents were devoted to.  But after years of rebellion, the Lord spoke to her and gave her Isaiah 42 as her mission.  She now risks her life working with government officials to lead trafficking raids.  Because of God's work in and through her, she has helped lead 4000 men, women and children to freedom.  Amazing.  Only by God's incredible grace and power.

One young man, a Harvard and Oxford graduate, can't be more than early 30's.  He has started two huge organizations (which were originally began when he was 15 and his brother was 12) to free trafficked children overseas, and to equip Canadian, American and English youth to be a part in bringing freedom worldwide.  Amazing.

I challenged to listen to the Father's voice, to realize the God-dreams that stir within me... some from years ago and some more recent.  I am challenged to ask, "God, what do you want me to do?"  And I am challenged to respond.

I was once told, "Amy, do something so big (for God) that there is NO way you could do it unless God shows up."  So true.  And yet how often do I actually live like that?  This song is so fitting, and such an awesome reminder that our God is able, He is strong, He is for us and He has called us.  What a joy to cling to truth that He uses weak vessels like us, to do big things for His Kingdom.  Amazing.





No comments:

Post a Comment