Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Fear vs. Wandering..

Today I remember a reverent fear of God. My eyes look out my window over the stretch of lake and onto the mountain placed here before me by the very hands of God and my heart quivers in a mix of joy, awe and fear. God was here. God is here now. 

Today I also remember how quickly I forget the fear of God. Even though I’ve had (what I would consider) extreme reminders of his power, I look into my life and see that my fear of God is quickly fleeting. God has been with me in the literal heights and depths. I have both hung off the face of a rock bare handed on the top of a mountain with no ropes and no footholds, and I’ve been caught in the powerful undertow of the Pacific as my limbs were being wrestled and torn from side to side. And while I learned to trust when I had no other choice… I have not learned to fully trust in God when the ‘extreme’ fades away. 

I want to gain wisdom, but wisdom can simply not build itself on a missing foundation. The Fear of the Lord. 

Lord continue to be patient with me. Lord I depend on you, forgive me when I do not stop to recognize it. Help me to be a man who puts your word in my heart. Teach me Holy Spirit. 

“Prone to wander” Lord, today I feel it! But “Here’s my heart Lord, take and seal it…” 

~Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment